This is Beautiful Brittany! I met her at Hope UC a few years ago when I was serving in youth ministry. Brit was so easy to photograph because she is so naturally beautiful and her confidence absolutely shines! I love her honesty and realness in all her answers, It’s super admirable!
Written at age 17.
1. What is your idea of Beauty? My idea of beauty is when you see someone feeling comfortable and happy in their skin and truly smiling.
2. Where do you place your worth? My worth is a priority in my life, I always try do things that will make me feel good.
3. What has been your biggest ossicle in your self worth Journey? Many people will make me feel like my self-worth isn’t as important as theirs, so I would often forget that my worth is important and make sure that they are always happy. After this I feel down and hopeless so I reassure myself that I am unique and one of a kind.
4. What has been your greatest achievement in your self worth Journey? My greatest achievement is realising that all I need is to care for myself and set goals so that after I achieve them I feel so good. I eat healthy as much as I can and sometimes cheat a little because I deserve it.
5. How do you view yourself today? I view myself as a super strong independent beautiful woman and am proud of everything I do.
6. What are 3 things you do to practice self love? I sit down and say all the things that I think are beautiful about myself.
I try be my own inspiration if that fails I listen to some of my favourite artists and dance.
I let myself be free and always remember I’m okay and loved.
7. If you could give advice to your younger self in regard to self worth and body image, what would it be? Don’t look at those magazines and other girls and compare it to yourself, you are your own art piece.
Your worth is what you make it, not what others think your worth is.
You are beautiful for who you are and what you do, not just what is on the outside.