Have you ever had those really dry seasons in your life? When nothing seems to be happening and your just at a stand still hoping and praying that God’s plan would just hurry up and unfold… Then all of a sudden out of the blue your life erupts with bursts of wonder and not-so-wonder everywhere like a party popper. Streams of all different colours flying at you and around you – overlapping, intertwining and painting your life like an abstract piece of art.
I FEEL YOU!
I want to give you a little insight into my little party popper painted world now.
The month of February was a flipping whirlwind to say the least. A beautiful, hard and unexpected whirlwind. God really spoke, taught and instilled in me that my plan is not his plan.
- I vowed last year that I would never go back to pre-school teaching. I was done, I lost my passion, my drive and my motivation. Yet here I am, working 5 days a week in the most beautiful pre-school, with incredible little loves. I am being so blessed every single day, I am honoured that I get to sow into, invest and love on these precious children for this season of my life. God has given me a purpose and is supporting me financially. God is good, He is in control.
Matthew 6:26 – Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
- I have had extreme pain in my tail bone for months. It was time I faced my fear and got an X-ray to find out what was going on. I got a call back from the doctor saying they found a lump on my pelvis and requested a CT scan for further investigation. If you know me well you know that after my dad passed away I HATE taking medication and sickness is my biggest fear. I had an unknown ahead of me and if I am being honest my worst nightmare was beginning to unfold. My results came back and it is a calcified lyphnode from when I had previous surgery. Benign in appearance. God is good, he is in control.
Nehemiah 8:10 … for the joy of the Lord is your strength!”
- I have found a healthy relationship with exercise. It has been a beautiful outlet and time of reflection for me. I do it because I enjoy it, not because I am forcing myself to loose weight. I am finally content with my body, even if I am a little bigger than I used to be. God is good, he is in control.
1 Corinthians 6:19 – Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own.
- I am trying my best to find some sort of balance without Gideon. Long distance sucks. It really does. Our time is so limited yet so special and so beautiful. God is good, he is in control.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 – Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
- I am learning who and what is important in my life. I have been really challenged by the Lord about friendships, family and myself. God is good, he is in control.
Proverbs 27:17 – As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.
- I continue to look at the visa process. I often feel defeated because we still aren’t through with the paper work and every time we go to submit our application we find something else that needs to be filled out. I am forever looking into timelines and dates but tonight I had the most peaceful thought. Our visa isn’t in the hands of the government, it’s in the hands of God and in his perfect timing Gideon and I will be able to get married. He is good, he is in control.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 – He has made everything beautiful in its time.
I share this little chunk of my life with you because I have been on such a journey this past month and I have grown in such a deep and intimate relationship with my Saviour. What I am experiencing with him is unexplainable. I longed so desperately to feel him the way I did when I was in America. I didn’t think it was possible to feel that bond or connection again but it is and it’s better. It’s all because I am surrendering my way and simply trusting his. He has given me no other option but to trust him and I love that. Have you ever thought that maybe your hurt and heart ache is just God wanting to draw closer to you? Is that not the most beautiful, precious and wonderful thought ever! The God who created the world and everything in it wants you. He wants you. He longs for you to come into his arms as you are and rest in his perfect, pure love. Through everything he is in control. He knows. He cares. He has a plan. He is fighting for you on your behalf.
I am forever learning the art of seasons. Sometimes you bloom where you are planted, other times you might feel bare and barren or crisp and fresh, filled with clarity. Maybe the wind is taking you somewhere new. Maybe you are transitioning and you can’t see the end of the old and the beginning of the new. Wherever you are at I want to challenge you to be transformed by the renewing of your mind. The bible talks about the importance of our thoughts, holding them close and keeping them captive. Where your thoughts are, your actions follow. Choose to see the blessing. Choose to see the good, the good that God is doing in your life, the thing you thought was impossible. When you change your thoughts you change your world. Embrace your current season with open arms and trust that God knows what he is doing. He has nothing but greatness for you, he has the most spectacular plan, watch it unravel before you. Give him glory and honour and you will reap every blessing predestined for you. Choose to let him invade your heart, I promise he will take you on the most beautiful, challenging and captivating journey of your life.
Always find your blessing, you are surrounded by constant wonder in this vast, wide, enthralling world.