Yum, yum, YUM!!! This recipe came about because I was really craving curry one day at work but I wasn’t craving the sick feeling you get after it if you buy it take away. I went home, made a quick trip to the shops, gathered up healthy & natural ingredients, threw it all together and created something magical! If you want to add more spices, herbs, veggies or meat, feel free. This is a really good base for curry.
- Broccoli (This is my favourite vegetable so I added more than an average amount)
- 1 carrot
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- 250g of cauliflower rice
- 1/2 – 3/4 of a can of coconut milk
- 1 heaped teaspoon of curry mix
- 1/3 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic paste
- salt + pepper (season how you like)
- Coriander (Don’t hold back on this herb because it’s flipping amazing. If you are American use cillantro)
- Generous squeeze of lime
A clean, organised cooking space is a happy space (because it doesn’t stay that way for long, haha!)
I start by draining and rinsing my beans under cold water.
I then add them into a pan on a low heat. I give the beans time to warm up and cook until they start to become soft. I add my garlic paste and mix together.
While the beans are infusing in garlic, I cut my vegetables and steam them. Once prepared, I add them to the beans and garlic. bump up the heat and Mix well.
The next step is adding in the herbs, spices and coconut milk. Mix well and simmer.
(sometimes I will add water to this stage if the coconut milk isn’t enough)
While your curry is simmering, in another pan on a low setting, heat up your cauliflower rice. I always add a little bit of coconut oil into mine for moisture + flavour.
You are ready to plate up. I like to have my cauliflower rice as a base but you can mix it into the curry if you prefer. I then top the dish with more coriander, a squeeze of lime, salt & pepper.
Enjoy, lovely’s! xx